GVF Presents Awards, Unveils New Web site at Annual Meeting
May 17, 2012GVF, a transportation management association dedicated to achieving a desirable quality of life and a healthy, competitive economic environment by developing multi-faceted transportation strategies, held its annual meeting yesterday at the Best Western PLUS The Inn at King of Prussia.
The meeting would not have been possible without our
Platinum Sponsor: Best Western PLUS The Inn at King of Prussia
Gold Sponsors: Pennoni, URS
Silver Sponsors: American Heritage Federal Credit Union, Baker, Barton Partners, Boles Smyth, DVRPC, HNTB, McCormick Taylor, McMahon Associates, Urban Engineers
Beverage Sponsor: Kunda Beverage
The following individuals and organizations were awarded at the event:
- 2012 Career Planning Award – DVRPC Deputy Executive Director Don Shanis accepted his award
- 2012 Founder Award – Upper Merion Township Manager Ron Wagenmann accepted his award
- Engineering & Design Award – Director of Engineering Saul Mellman, Vice President Eric Frary and Manager Fernando Mascioli accepted the award for Baker
- Environmental Leadership Award- Environmental Health and Safety Specialist Emily Gajan accepted the award for Shire
- Legislative Leadership Award –District Representative Scott Savett accepted the award for U.S. Representative Jim Gerlach
- Peter P. Quinn Leadership Award- Leo Bagley, Assistant Director Montgomery County Planning Commission, accepted his award
- Planning Leadership Award – Phoenixville Borough Council President Richard Kirkner accepted the award for Phoenixville Borough
- Private Sector Leadership Award – Vice President of Development Tien-Yueh Kubach accepted the award for Best Western PLUS The Inn at King of Prussia
- Public Sector Leadership Award – Township Manager Paul Lenoard accepted the award for Upper Dublin Township
GVF also unveiled its newly designed website, www.gvftma.com. With its vibrant and fresh design, the new site is easier to navigate with tools such as, but not limited to: category drop down menus, search box, and full integration of GVF's social media sites, which includes GVF's YouTube series that features sustainability, understanding infrastructure, examples of successful design projects and GVF news.
“I’d like to
thank all of our sponsors that helped make our annual meeting a success.
I also like to congratulate all of the 2012 award winners as we are very lucky
to have such dynamic individuals, communities and businesses working together
to make our region a better place to work, live and play. I’m also very
excited that we have our new Web site up and running and hope that it continues
to grow and become the go to resource for transportation in the region,” said
Rob Henry, GVF Executive Director.
Pictures from last night’s event can be viewed here.
Video from the event can be seen here.
in 1990, GVF is a not-for-profit organization created to advocate and promote a
viable transportation network for the region’s economic vitality. To maximize
awareness and develop sustainable support, we partner with public and private
GVF's mission is to achieve a desirable quality of life and a healthy, competitive economic environment by developing multi-faceted transportation strategies.
For more information about GVF, visit www.gvftma.com.